In order to obtain a Veterans Affairs Mortgage, the Veteran borrower will need to provide several types of documents regarding both Military service and personal income. These documents include but are not limited to:

  • Veteran’s Certificate of Eligibility;
  • Statement of Service (if on active duty);
  • A copy of the Veteran’s DD214 (if the Veteran has been discharged/separated from the Military);
  • Past 2 years W2 statements;
  • One month of most recent LES or pay stubs;
  • Two months of most recent bank statements.

These documents will be needed in conjunction with the formal 1003 application and disclosures. Additional documents may be required depending on each borrower’s unique situation or circumstances. A VA Specialist can determine the specific documents you will need and provide you with a complete application package that contains the disclosures and forms required for obtaining the required documents. is not a government agency website or affiliated with the Department of Veterans Affairs. has relationships with VA Loan Specialists who work for VA approved lenders. may share your information with these trusted affiliates in order to assist you.