Applying for a VA Home Loan
In order to use your VA eligibility you will have to apply. These days, the application process for any home loan can be difficult. However, by working with a VA Specialist the process can be made easier. The first step is to get pre-qualified for a VA Home Loan by filling out our simple inquiry form to the right. A VA Specialist will contact you to go over all the details and information.
We realize many Veterans are overseas or work odd hours and prefer to do their application online. If this is the case, please let us know in the “Question or Comment” section of the VA Mortgage pre-qualification request. Your Veteran Specialist will work with you via email and send you a link to their secure online VA Application so you can handle everything via the internet if that is your preference.
How do I apply for a VA Home Loan?
- Get a VA Certificate of Eligibility. You can apply for one online directly from the Department of Veterans Affairs or a VA approved lender can get on for you.
- Gather your VA Loan documents. You will need to provide your personal financial and employment information, and if you are on active duty a Statement of Service from your commanding officer.
- Find the home you want to buy and sign a purchase agreement (Not applicable for VA Refinance).
- Fill out the application and required disclosures. This is a lot of paperwork and can seem overwhelming, but a good VA lender will organize it for you and make it easier complete.
- The VA lender will check your credit. VA loans do not require perfect credit, but you do have to have a minimum credit rating.
- Your VA lender will order the appraisal on your home directly through the Department of Veteran’s Affairs.
- Once your application has been underwritten and approved, and the VA appraisal has been completed, you will be able to close on your home to complete the VA Home Loan process.
Get Started on Your VA Home Loan Now!!
Call our toll free number (888) 890-3967 or fill out the short form to the right and a VA Loan Specialist will help you get started.
VALoanCenter.net is not a government agency website or affiliated with the Department of Veterans Affairs. VALoanCenter.net has relationships with VA Loan Specialists who work for VA approved lenders. VALoanCenter.net may share your information with these trusted affiliates in order to assist you.